Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pink Party Corn

A long long time ago I was in charge of Homemaking in our ward. As part of it I decided we should have a ward cookbook. This involved people donating whatever recipes they used the most. We also had some of the recipes made demo-style on Homemaking night so people could try them and be familiar with them.

I ended up typing up the whole thing and, as I was 21 and had a 1 year old boy, it was not organized in ANY fashion.

The Relief Society president donated many recipes which I was hoping for. She is one of those campy women with a million fun recipes to share. There was about 12 different recipes she shared just about popcorn. One of them is a favorite around here: Pink Party Corn


2 quarts popped popcorn
3 T butter
1 1/2 cups marshmallows
4 T Jello powder (any flavor you like but we do strawberry or black cherry most)

Melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows to the melting butter and let them soften but they don't need to melt all the way. Add the Jello powder to the mixture and stir until colored evenly. The granules don't have to melt all the way.

Pour mixture over popcorn and mix well

1 comment:

  1. This sounds sooo good! I made marshmallow popcorn the other night, probably the same night too. I love marshmallow popcorn, but this sound delicious! I'm definitely going to try this next time. I want it for lunch right now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!