Monday, March 30, 2009

A Doctor Who Listens?

Nope, I'd never heard of a doctor who actually listens before either, but I finally found one. After being re-rescheduled I finally got seen by someone at a different clinic. Holly and I were going to another place here in town, but they say things like, "You need to be more active" to people with chronic knee and back pain. Or, my personal favorite, "We don't deal with chronic pain here."

The woman I saw today listened as I spoke, seemed mildly irritated that no one had bothered to diagnose my issues, and was actually irritated that I was trying to avoid taking my pain meds. She told me I should take them regularly and at the same time every day because they'll actually do more good that way. I believe her exact words were, "If you wait until you're in a lot of pain, you're screwed."

So, joyous day. They've ordered me an MRI and x-ray of my neck at first, since my neck is the biggest issue at hand. We'll see how things go. I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!