Monday, May 04, 2009

Maybe If She Had a Fan Going

Last night I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to dazzle Aiden with my extensive knowledge of useless trivia.

"Did you know," I asked him,"that there is a whole line of study done on what colors mean to people?"

I was actually kind of surprised that he didn't know.

So I went on: "White means purity, yellow is friendship, red is sexy. Think of that famous Marilyn Monroe picture. It's all red lips, yellow hair, and white dress. People like her because she's sexy, pure, and friendly."

I know people like her for more than that, but it's all contrived. Every stupid thing every celebrity wears, colors of dental office walls, everything is predicated on what the color says. .

Today we had to run to Wal-Mart. We noticed that it must be "trailer park, geriatric, and young businessmen with no secretaries" day.

On the way out, I spotted a very old woman heading in. She was wearing a denim skirt, a white gramma blouse (yes, that's the only way to describe it, no I don't say "blouse" unless I must). Over all of it she had on a bright red cardigan.

"See?!" I told Aiden "You look at her and all you can think is sexy. It's the red sweater".

"Oh yeah" he replied. "Sexy is the ONLY word that came to mind."

Still, it's a real study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!