Sunday, May 10, 2009

Music to drive by

Normally if we have to do a long-ish drive we put a DVD on for the kids and go. Today we made them sit and look out the windows while I played DJ up front. I should burn a CD of "songs my kids love to rock to". Here are some of their favorites:

Hooked on a Feelin' by Blue Swede


Coconut by Harry Nilsson


Fool For Love by Sandy Rogers


Boot Scootin' Boogie by Brooks and Dunn


The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens


Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend from the Moulin Rouge Sountrack

(sorry the speaking is French, it's the best copy I could find)(and NO, I don't let them watch the movie)

All That Jazz from the Chicago Soundtrack

The intro is cut off this video.. which is wrong because it's Annie's favorite. She gets to the first blast of the brass section and goes nuts with dancing. And No, they don't know what it's all about. Nor have they seen the movie. Sheesh!

IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS by BNL


Dancin' Queen by Abba


And today we introduced them to MMMBOP by Hanson.

Sadly, I cannot put the video in here because I couldn't find a good copy that would let me. (keep all those comments to yourself about how there IS no good copy of that song).

They could not believe it was a BOY singing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!