Friday, June 26, 2009

Taylor Swift is the same as Godsmack. Huh.

The kids went to Brandon's house last weekend. His birthday present to Alex was a Transformers 2 book (like reading the movie) and tickets to some fest or another. This one features Godsmack and some other equally great bands.

Aiden already posted about that, and how great the lyrics are, but I then talked to Brandon about my reservations on him taking Alex to this concert. I acknowledged that while I cannot tell him he CAN'T take him, I do have the right and responsibility to voice my concerns with the lyrics, type of people who will be there, and overall appropriateness of the show. Some of these concerts feature things that are SO far beyond what my 9 year old needs to be exposed to.

His reply was that Alex got in the car to go to Brandon's house last weekend asking to listen to Taylor Swift.

And that Taylor Swift also has objectionable lyrics.

Uh...?

I was confused. His answer was something like this: "she wears high heels, I wear sneakers, pick me, love me, I'm so cute, I live for you..."

Yeah, that's totally the same as saying I wasted my entire life and I should go get stoned again. Or shoot more whiskey.

Dear God, let my kids grow up to be normal in spite of their father!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Well, they'll be hard-pressed to ever be normal BECAUSE of him.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!