Monday, August 03, 2009

The kids are back

Alex lived through his concert experience, and we got the kids back yesterday around noon. It was 11:23 to be exact but who's paying that much attention?

We plopped them in the car and drove home. We played outside, checked on our garden (I should post a picture of the amazing amount of peas we have picked!), and then decided to set up our pool.

Brandon has a big deal pool at his trailer space so the kids were used to playing in that, NOT in the $13 pre-formed plastic thing at our backyard. It did not take long for Bossy Annie to make an appearance. She turned into Pouty Annie when she was called on it.

Shortly afterward, Tearful Ashley also showed up.

Alex was the most well behaved of the bunch. And by far.

Bedtime was a thought in the back of my mind until Annie lost it later that night for the 14th time since getting home.

I asked if she was tired and she was positive she was NOT tired. It's just that Grandma Laura, with whom they stayed for the last weekend before coming home (with Brandon) babysat them on Friday night so Brandon could go out with his brother and sis in law.
"And she made us go to bed at 11:30!!!"

Yup, it was bedtime.

But in all seriousness, I'm so glad they are home. I didn't post much while they were gone because I don't think anyone wants to read about how I cried myself to sleep every night for the first week and then just stayed up so late the second week I would eventually just pass out from exhaustion. It's about all I did. Depression is not so very blog worthy.

But today I got woken up at 7 in the morning by Ashley yelling down the hall for me to come here. I found her in the bathroom, she wanted me to see her poop and check her butt. I guess they didn't eat much corn at her dad's house. It's her favorite and she ate A LOT during dinner last night. And it showed this morning. y'know? It freaked her out a bit.

Then we watched Strawberry Shortcake and now we're going outside to play.

Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!