Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Don't Quote ME On It

Awhile back Valerie did a post on her favorite movie quotes. I didn't think I would be able to top that, party because a lot of them are my own favorites. Then last night we watched a movie (we've been watching a lot of old releases since nothing good is coming out) that reminded me of one of my favorites. As I have no homework right now, I am going to compile my own list now.

First, a bit of trivia: According to imdb.com, while filming Stake Out, Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez were having a movie trivia contest on the set one day. Estevez asked Dreyfuss to identify the movie that the line "This is no boating accident" was from. Dreyfuss didn't recognize the quote, despite the fact that he was the actor who said it in Jaws (1975). Deciding that this was too good to pass up, this incident was re-enacted for the film.

Okay, see if you can name the movies these quotes come from:

1. Little Miss "Look at my butt. Everybody, Thomas, Look at my butt". Heart and Souls

2. How dumb do you think I am?
--How dumb is there? Excess Baggage

3. One plus two plus two plus one. (and many other variations of that sequence) Clue

4. I wear a size six but a seven feels so good, I buy an eight. Steel Magnolias

5. That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismal. Steel Magnolias

6. He's chasing her, you're chasing him, and who's chasing you? Nobody. My Best Friend's Wedding

7. Crème brûlée can never be Jell-O. YOU could never be Jell-O. My Best Friend's Wedding

8. I am removing the superfluous buns! Father of the Bride

9. O-kaaay, he's your baby. Tarzan... the Disney cartoon one.




I will admit, there are a couple of movies that appear more than once.

This is just a random sampling of my favorites, by no means all my favorites. Just that first one sparked me.

Whoever gets the most right wins a prize. I don't know what, but a prize will be found.


Update: Valerie wins since she's the ONLY ONE who bothered to comment. I will figure out a prize of some sort by... Easter. I'm awful. But the Christmas Present still hasn't been purchased or sent out. We thought we had it ready to go but then we changed our minds.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so dumb I can only think of two:

    1. Heart and Souls
    7. My Best Friends Wedding

    Can't wait to find out the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!