Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Fine Year


It has been said that the first year of marriage can be the toughest on a couple. I don't buy it. I've spent the last year of my life relishing in the fact that I wake up every morning next to my best friend and the love of my life (they are the same person, by the way).


Through all of the insanities that life has thrown our way, we've grown closer, fallen more deeply in love, become better friends, and laughed all the while.


If I could come up with a way to thank you for making it the best year of my life, I would. For now, all I can do is write and share with the world how lucky I feel to call you my wife.


I still, and always will, find myself imagining our future. I love watching our children grow with you. You ground me so often and remind me to relish the little things they do. You keep me sane when the house doesn't seem clean enough. AND you've managed to teach this OCD clean-freak to put down the rag/mop/scrub brush and spend more time with the family. And I sincerely thank you for that.


I'm so proud of all of you done in school the past year. I know we made a tough decision when you changed majors, but I look forward to watching you change children's lives. I really look forward to getting summers off with you.


So, in my own little way, thank you for what has truly been the best year of my life. I look forward to the next one that will be filled even more love, laughter, and friendship. You are the most important person in my life and I am thankful every day to have you by my side.


I love you, Holly.

2 comments:

  1. You suck. You posted here first. You blew our cover (?) on facebook. You got all the big romantic gestures.

    Okay, not all of them. I gave a toast to you/us/whatever in class YESTERDAY. I win!!!

    And I will post the toast (I'm a poet!) later today. Because I love you, too. The mostest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope you know I am the monkey with the heart. It's taller!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!