Friday, May 01, 2009

Annie's Inner Smart-Ass Rides Again

Alex had a school musical thing a couple of weeks ago. One of the songs was about how everyone is different but that is what makes us special.


Tonight I sang a song with the kids and then they all decided to take center stage and sing one by themselves for the rest of us.


Alex went first. He decided to sing the song about differences (this is why I brought it up, y'know).


The verses are something about "I don't look like you, you don't look like me" and then "I don't talk like you, you don't talk like me" and finally "I don't WALK like you, you don't walk like me".


As Annie and I lay on the couch with her head snuggled up under my chin it was a very sweet moment in the living room.


Until Annie muttered "I waddle".


I started laughing so of course Alex wanted to know why. We told him and then Annie felt the need to defend her comedy by assuring us she does not, in fact, waddle.


I think it was because he was using sign language for the key words in the song (ala elementary school production style). The sign for walk could easily look like waddle.
I think it was just a great excuse for Annie's inner Smart Ass to saddle up and ride again.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    Annie is goob. I cute goob, but still a total goob. I love that kid!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!