Friday, May 15, 2009

Fiddle Dee Ha Ha


Annie and Ashley have fallen in love with "Take Me Out To The Ballgame".


They sing it in the car.


They sing it in the shower.


They sing it in their beds after we've yelled at them to shut up and go to sleep.


Always the singing it. ALWAYS at the top of their lungs.


Today we were driving and Annie decided to mix it up a bit. It was like listening to a Little People CD only not.


She worked her way through "Take Me Out To The Ballgame", "The Wheels On The Bus", and some other songs. Then she got to the one about meeting a bear. I don't know what it's called.


Annie did the singing and Ashley did the echo. At one point we got to "he sized up me" and Ashley echoed with "he sliced up me". And then to complete the thought: "I sized up him"..."I sliced up him".


I don't know what they sang after that because we were laughing so hard.


Annie also has a book from her school library right now called "'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving". At one point Farmer McNugget says something about the turkeys being 'filthy beasts' who will be hacked up into Thanksgiving Feasts.


So today is a day I will hide all the knives and just rock in the corner until all the cutting danger is over.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Oh, the violent tendencies of our children. At least they don't torture the kitties or light ants on fire with a magnifying glass.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!